Drugs, firearms, cash, and drug trafficking paraphernalia were on display during a Tuesday morning press conference at the Lloydminster RCMP detachment, after Mounties seized roughly $30,000 in drugs and other goods. GEOFF LEE LSS PHOTO
The Lloydminster RCMP held a press conference at 10 a.m. Tuesday, where the findings of a recent search and seizure were displayed, valued at roughly $30,000.
“As a result of that seizure, there was approximately 117 grams of methamphetamine, or about a quarter pound of methamphetamine, that’s a notable seizure for a city this size. In addition to that, there was a quantity of approximately 137 grams of cocaine, both in a pounded form and in a crack cocaine form, which again is about a third of a pound, a notable seizure; $7,600 in cash, but most notably though is the number of firearms that were located ... there were some prohibited firearms, sawed off shotguns, (as well as scoped rifles and a .357 magnum revolver),” said Cpl Mike Dunsmore.
“In addition to that, we found packaging material, scales, all the evidence we look for to support a trafficking charge.”
Six people were arrested and charged with trafficking offensives pertaining to drugs and stolen property, and the charges follow a search warrant conducted at a residents on July 25, on the 4500 block of 32 St.
“This investigation is continuing. There were a significant portion of items that were recovered that are believed to be stolen, we haven’t been able to prove that yet, but that avenue has to be pursued to find out,” Dunsmore said.
“We’re making the streets safer. To get those firearms off the street ... there’s always three things involved in a drug investigation ... there’s drugs, there’s money, and there’s guns.”
Charged with possession for the purpose of trafficking, weapons and property related offences are:
- Chad THORNE, 28, of Lloydminster, had his parole revoked and held in custody next appearing on August 28
- Amber EYBEN, 34, of Lloydminster, held in custody next appearing on August 3
- Hannah FITZPATRICK, 27, of Lloydminster, released on a JP Undertaking for August 28
- Myles MCEACHERN, 29, of Lloydminster released on a JP Undertaking for August 28
- Kimberly ROYER, 45, of Lloydminster, released on a JP Undertaking for August 28
- Naomie OKIMOW, 22, of Lloydminster, released on a JP Undertaking for August 28
More information on this investigation will be disclosed upon release.