The 2017 Colonial Days Parade will take place on Wednesday, July 12 at 10 a.m.
The parade will follow a different route than previously communicated. Instead of turning east at Hwy 16, the parade will turn east at 46 street.
The parade will still begin and end at the Lloydminster Exhibition Grounds, 5521-49 Ave.
“This year’s route was chosen to accommodate safe and convenient viewing for parade goers and parade participants,” said Dave Henning, General Manager, Transportation Operations. “We remind all motorists in the area to be extremely cautious of pedestrians and obey all posted signage.”
Spectators and pedestrians are to adhere to all crosswalks and sidewalks and keep a safe distance from parade floats and vehicles.
Members of the public, motorists, and home and business owners are advised that parking restrictions will be in effect from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. on July 12 along the parade route:
- 56 Street, from 49 Avenue to 50 Avenue
- 50 Avenue, from 56 Street to 51 Street
- 51 Street, from 50 Avenue to 51 Avenue
- 51 Avenue, from 50 Street to 51 Street
- 51 Street, from 51 Avenue to 52 Avenue
- 52 Avenue, from 50 Street to 46 Street
- 46 Street, from 52 Avenue to 50 Avenue
- 50 Avenue, from 46 Street to 50 Street
- 50 Street, from 50 Avenue to 48 Avenue
- 48 Avenue, from 50 Street to 52 Street
- 52 Street, from 48 Avenue to 49 Avenue
- 49 Avenue, from 52 Street to 53 Street
The parade route will be closed to traffic. Please see the attached map of the Colonial Days Parade route. While the restrictions are in effect, members of the public are encouraged to plan their travel routes accordingly.
For more information about the Colonial Days Parade, please contact the Lloydminster Exhibition Grounds at 306-825-5571. To view an online version of the map, please visit lloydminster.ca/parade.